Monday, May 18, 2015

It's Monday: Check-In Time



Linking up with The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and It's Monday! What are You Reading? hosted by Sheila from Book JourneyIn Sheila's absence, share your Monday post on twitter #IMWAYR. 

Busy week with Dad staying a few days and a scrapbook weekend away at Daisychain Scrapbooks. I was excited to get a few layouts done even though I wasn't expecting to (photos next week.) These days the time away is more about catching up with dear friends and recharging my battery in a nurturing environment. It was a wonderful weekend even though my hands are paying the price for the fine motor work. 

#FitReaders Weekly Check-In


 
#FitReaders co-hosted by Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking AboutFitReaders is a great way to stay motivated, accountable and it's more fun having bloggy friends to check in with. If you also have a fitbit and want to add me, let me know :) 

Fitbit Steps: 
Mon: 7087 steps 
Tue:  8342 steps ~ short walk with Bella
Wed: 10,200 steps 
Thurs: 11,197 steps ~ short walk
Fri: 6034 steps
Sat: 1786 steps (oops)
Sun: 5394 steps

************

Giveaway: 

WALLY THE WARM WEATHER PENGUIN by Stephanie M. Ward ~ win a print copy of Wally the Warm Weather Penguin, "Say Yes To New Adventures" canvas tote and cute Wally postcards. It's International!!
Enter here.






************

Reviews & Posts: (click on title)

WALLY THE WARM WEATHER PENGUIN by Stephanie M. Ward ~ 4.5 stars, very cute!

************

Finished last week:

ONLY WE KNOW by Victoria Purman ~ another wonderful read from this Australian author.

************

This Week's Reading List: 


NORTHERN HEAT by Helene Young

THE LITTLE PARIS BOOKSHOP by Nina George (audiobook) I picked this one up because Kathryn from Book Date loved it. 

************

Reviews Coming:

THE LAST TIME WE SAY GOODBYE by Cynthia Hand (audiobook) ~ a departure from Cynthia Hand's usual, very moving. Review Wed

A DESPERATE FORTUNE by Susanna Kearsley ~ good but not my favourite Kearsely. Review Fri

ROSE UNDER FIRE by Elizabeth Wein (Code Name Verity #2) ~ audiobook. Very emotional.

TELL THE TRUTH by Katherine Howell (Ella Marconi #8) ~ great installment, sad it's the last in the Ella Marconi series ... for now. I'm not ready for goodbye! 



19 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend! The penguin books looks cute, and The Little PAris Bookshop I had to go look up, looks intriguing. Hope it's a great read, curious to hear more about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrapbook weekend sounds wonderful. You did well for the walking, I had a couple of oops days!! Hope you enjoy The Little Paris Bookshop. I haven't read anything by Helene Young, I'll see what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keen to see your review for Only We Know. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've requested for the Nina George book - hope I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Paris Bookshop is on my wish list too.

    Have a great week Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a good week - and a fun weekend away! I have to check out The Little Paris Bookshop now...looks adorable.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Can't wait to see your pages!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops.... LOL you crack me up! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend - it's good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you enjoyed your scrapbook weekend and were able to accomplish so much.

    I look forward to your review of The Little Paris Bookshop. That is on my TBR list. I still need to write my review of the Kearlsey book. I read it months ago so my memory is rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great week all around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a good week.Come see what my week was like here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I am curious about the Ella Marconi series! I love enjoying characters and finding it hard to say goodbye.

    Enjoy your week! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  13. With my RA I can relate to the overuse of your hands and suffering for it. I am glad you had a wonderful time which for me usually makes it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a nice getaway. I am waiting for Rose Under Fire on audio from the library. Wally the Warm Weather Penguin looks adorable. Hope you have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This summer I'm really going to get back into my walking. I have a Fitbit, so look me up and add me, I'm on there as Lisa Mandina. I thought I was going to start scrapbooking a year or so ago then never got around to it. Maybe this summer. We'll see.
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a great getaway! I had a couple of oops Fitbit days recently :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been thinking about learning to scrapbook - now that I have a baby, I have collected all of this stuff I want to save for him! :) I am definitely popping over as well to enter the giveaway! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been thinking about learning to scrapbook - now that I have a baby, I have collected all of this stuff I want to save for him! :) I am definitely popping over as well to enter the giveaway! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box