Tuesday, September 03, 2013

The Hero by Robyn Carr

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Thunder Point #3
Publication Date: 27th August 2013
Pages: 384
Book Source: Harlequin Mira & NetGalley

Synopsis: In a moment of desperation, Devon McAllister takes her daughter and flees a place where they should have been safe and secure. She has no idea what is around the next bend, but she is pretty certain it can't be worse than what they've left behind. Her plan is to escape to somewhere she can be invisible. Instead, an unexpected offer of assistance leads her to Thunder Point, a tiny Oregon town with a willingness to help someone in need. 

As the widowed father of a vulnerable young boy, Spencer Lawson knows something about needing friendship. But he's not looking for anything else. Instead, he's thrown his energy into his new role as Thunder Point's high school football coach. Tough and demanding to his team, off the field he's gentle and kind...just the kind of man who could heal Devon's wounded heart. 

Devon thought she wanted to hide from the world. But in Thunder Point, you find bravery where you least expect it...and sometimes, you find a hero.

Karen's Thoughts: 
The Hero is a nice easy flowing story that I enjoyed, but never really felt totally engrossed in or excited about. In the Virgin River series there were books that I just devoured and ate up the pages and every now and then there would be a book in the series that was just ‘nice’ to read and seemed to fill some gaps with various characters. This book had that flavour to it.

I didn't feel the chemistry between Spencer and Devon and because of that their story took a backseat for me and I enjoyed more hearing about the other people in Thunder Point.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get any development with Landon and Eve, in the previous book I was very excited about where their relationship was headed. I’m not too concerned though as I am certain that we will be seeing more of them in future books.

Robyn Carr is one of my favourite authors and I’m looking forward to the continuation of this series and visiting again in Thunder Point.

Guest review by Karen Barr

Connect with Robyn Carr 





8 comments:

  1. My review posted today as well. I liked it a little bit more than you did, Karen, but agree it would have been nice to see a little bit more of the kids since so much was shared in the last book. I wonder when the next books in the series will be out. Hope we don't have to wait too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to read your review Mary...and I to am looking forward to Robyn's next instalment and am pleased she usually has them out fairly regularly.

      Delete
  2. I just finished this book too ... and I didn't really feel it for Devon or Spencer either ... as much as they focused on Eric though ... makes me wonder if Robyn has a book planned for him.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to work out who was next too Julie. Sometimes I think I have those sorts of things worked out and it is someone completely different!

      Delete
  3. Sorry this one was a little disappointing Karen, but you're obviously still enjoying the series on a whole. Fingers crossed the next book knocks your socks off lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn Carr has written so many great books, I'm happy to have one thrown in there that is just an okay read for me...because I know she will continue to deliver great stories.

      Thank you for having me guest review once again!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box