Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Sunday Salon: My Love Affair with France & Bonjour 40 by Karen A. Chase



If Karen A. Chase absolutely had to turn forty, she decided she could do it gracefully in Paris… for forty days. Released after the e-book, this stunning paperback version contains over 100 photographs, plus quotes and thoughts not found in the streamlined e-book version. For readers who begged for more images, and for armchair travelers who prefer to hold Paris in their hands, comes this visually elegant photo journal and travel essay book.

What began as a blog to communicate with friends and family, became a travel journal filled with over a months’ worth of humorous and insightful glimpses into her Paris adventures, each of which could be read in about forty seconds. Journal entries are interspersed with Chase's own inspiring photography. Additional, longer stories richly fill in details allowing readers to reflect upon her experiences with food, travel, photography, Parisians, writing, and love in the City of Lights.



Happy Bastille Day 

My Thoughts:
I read the ebook version of Bonjour 40: A Paris Travel Log by Karen A Chase back in 2011 and was completely smitten (click here for review.) My one wish from this treasure of a book, (well I have more than one, the top one involving my own love affair with France and a healthy obsession with cheese, chocolate and pastries in no particular order of preference ... but I digress) was more photos and earlier this year I got my wish. 

The lovely Karen sent me the beautiful photography print edition of Bonjour 40 and with "Paris in July" what a perfect opportunity to squeal a little more about this book that had me wanting to eat my way through France and kiss in Paris. It's also the first time I've been quoted for a cover book 'blurb' ... exciting :)



Photo: Karen Chase

Cheese heaven ~ Photo: Karen Chase


Photo: Karen Chase


My sister holidayed in the UK/Paris in 2012 with a Paris to-do-list which included some of Karen's experiences from Bonjour 40. My request was she visit Dorothee's crab shack and take a photo of the much talked about Bandit. I emailed Karen asking for directions and my sister had drinks at L'Amuse Gueule and I got my photo :)

Dorothee & Bandit

I'm longing to visit and fulfill my own dreams but for now Bonjour 40 is the next best thing :)


Connect with Karen

Purchase eBook just .99 cents @Amazon @B&N (how can you resist)
Print release @Amazon 



Co hosted by BookBath & Thyme for Tea

I'm also linking up with Paulita's Dreaming of France meme over at 




Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads and open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs.


17 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of read! Food, Paris and a tiny smidge of jealousy that I can't be there myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Marg, I think mine's more than a smidge lol

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Do not show me cupcakes! Waaant ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they pretty B, wait til you see the pastries and macarons next week lol ...

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this book, Sheree. And I love the pic of your sis and Bandit (who looks like my dog!). Congrats on the blurb quote!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, what a wonderful adventure! And congrats on your blurb for the book. I love cheese, chocolates, and pastries too!

    Here's MY SUNDAY UPDATES/MAILBOX MONDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read this!!! Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! Sounds like a great book for living out dreams and memories of Paris.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along this week. I'd seen this book in a few places, but your overwhelmingly positive review convinced me to give it a go so it's on my Kindle now. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I would love to travel to Paris! This book sounds delightful. Congratulations on your 1st book blurb!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that you were blurbed :) I want the print version, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your book blurb! I hadn't heard of this book, it does sound the exact sort of book I like to read. Although I'm not getting all that much reading done at the moment as I'm in Paris having recently celebrated a milestone birthday myself- sadly no book deal yet for it. I will put it on my TBR though for when I am back in Australia and dreaming of France once more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kind of book!! And congrats on the blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a must read! Of course, I am oh-so-jealous of anyone able to turn a blog into a book. And to work an extended trip to Paris into the mix is almost more than I can bear.

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished this one the other day and thank you so much for recommending it to me. It's inspired me to create a dream board for Paris. I hope to send you a picture of me and Bandit one day! Unless somehow we can manage to be in Paris at the same time??!!! Then we can get our picture taken together wit Bandit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woot! Woot!! On the quote!! You are an amazing writer. Have I told you that lately???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box