Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Monday After Mother's Day! What Are You Reading?



A weekly event hosted by Sheila from Book Journey to discuss your reading week ~ the books you've read and those you plan on reading in the coming week. I love this meme, it helps me stay on track ... well, most of the time. Thanks Sheila!

Happy Mothers Day to all my bloggy friends. I felt very blessed to have both my sons home, spending time together is the best gift ever and we had a lovely day playing board games, laughing and eating. Hope you also got to spend time with those you love. How cool is the fish eye and macro lense for my iPhone & the candle set was a beautiful surprise :)

 
This week will be crazy, I've got appointments, book reviews, planning & packing for scrapbook retreat this coming weekend and my Dad will be here for a few days. 

*********** 

Giveaways:

ROSES HAVE THORNS by Sandra Byrd ~ International. Enter here

WITH ALL MY SOUL by Rachel Vincent ~ International. Enter here. LAST DAYS
Winner of Three Sisters by Susan Mallery: Congratulations Amy LoggEmail is on its way :)

*********** 

I posted reviews for: (click on title)

THE WILD GIRL by Kate Forsyth ~ haunting, breathtaking, evocative

ROSES HAVE THORNS by Sandra Byrd ~ review & giveaway

EXILE by Rebecca Lim (Mercy #2) 

************

Finished last week:

SAVING GRACE by Fiona McCallum ~ just ok (review Tue)

DARK HORSE by Honey Brown ~ OMG this blew my mind - (review Thurs)

************

This Week's Reading List: 


THE 5TH WAVE by Rick Yancey ~ page 50

HALF MOON BAY by Helene Young

THE SCORCH TRIALS by James Dashner (audiobook) ~ creepy good

************

Reviews Coming:

SCARLET by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #2) ~ *Squee* 



24 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an excellent Mother's Day-so good to hear you got to be with your boys! Hope the reading goes well this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I am glad you had a good time with your family. I went home to visit my mom and dad and it was really nice to spend time with them.

    I want to read the 5th Wave. I have heard really good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you too. Can't wait for your thoughts on Dark Horse. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up The 5th Wave, but won't be reading it this week. Perhaps next! Enjoy!

    Check out what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5th Wave is everywhere! I must pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope next week will be good even if crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see Dark Horse blew your mind as well! I bet Half Moon Bay will also be great!

    Have a great reading week

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your reading list is new to me. Looking forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this cover of With All My Soul. Enjoy reading!

    Here's what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a nice Mothers Day and the busy week ahead will be a good one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's Day! The macro and fish eye lenses look very interesting. Have fun with them!

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Half Moon Bay caught my eye...hope you enjoy your reads. So glad you had a good Mother's Day. Love the collage of your special moments.

    Now I'm off to check out your review of The Wild Girl.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great Mama's Day!! Loving the pics and how fun you are going on a scrappy retreat! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a great Mother's Day and I did too. My daughter gave me an Amazon gift card :)

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated Mother's Day, Sheree. <3 I need to add The Wild Girl and Roses Have Thorns to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a nice weekend and a some good books lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Mother's Day - it sounds like you had a lovely weekend. My 5 year old woke me up early to scream happy mother's day and tell me her gift was to let me sleep in! ;)

    The 5th Wave looks really good - I'm excited for a different kind of apocalypse story! I hope you enjoy your busy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it- 'HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! YOU CAN SLEEP IN!...' of course, then you're wide awake. ;) of course, it's the thought that count's, right? :)

      Delete
  18. As normal a great list of reading Teddy. Glad you had an amazing mothers day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you have a great week. Look forward to your Scarlet review.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me want those lenses for my iPhone too!! I'm so happy that you had both of your boys home!!! One of these days it will happen for me!!! Enjoy your week with your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a great Mother's Day :) I love board games. Is that Life? I haven't played that since I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list, new networked blogs follower. My post:

    http://mymidnightfantasies.blogspot.com/2013/05/currently-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. sounds like a fun mother's day. Mind was busier than normal. I usually enjoy breakfast in bed, witha quiet day of reading...However, this one was a nice change. And you can't beat seeing your mom and stepdad who are visiting for another country! The dancing that came with it was the icing on the cake! :)

    Haven't heard of any of the books you've listed....(hello, Goodreads...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box