Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Paper Chains by Nicola Moriarty

Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Publication Date: 1st February 2013
Pages: 288
Book Source: Random House Aust & NetGalley

Synopsis: A heart-warming story of love, friendship and forgiveness - and the crazy twists of fate that shape our lives…

Hannah and India are new best friends. Although true friendship means always telling each other the truth, doesn’t it…?

Hannah, you see, is running from her life back in Sydney. Now in London, she’s trying to put the past behind her, and finding this amazing new friend is a positive step forward. If only she could stop punishing herself for what she did.

India knows Hannah is hiding something big, and she’s determined to figure it out. Fast.

Because India has a secret of her own… One that is currently sealed in a love letter that’s making its journey across Europe in the most unconventional way.

Before it reaches its destination, can India help Hannah learn to forgive herself? And will Hannah wake up and realise that India needs rescuing too …

My Thoughts:

Absolutely loved it!

Australian women Hannah & India meet by chance in London and forge a friendship marking the beginning of a insightful, sensitive, heartwarming journey of serendipity. 

A story of contrasts, much like Hannah and India ... Hannah a deep well of pain & self-loathing, fragile, and withdrawn, India intuitive, outgoing, bubbly and confident. As first Hannah then India's secrets are slowly revealed this highly emotive novel addresses deeper issues with touching insight and honesty and you can't help but feel intimately involved. 

I adored India's quirky method of sending letters to the man she can't get out of her head - entrusting them to travellers to deliver to “Simon, The Aella.”

It's more fun like this. That way, if he ever gets one of my letters, then it's fate, right? Otherwise, it's not meant to be. 

Love and forgiveness, friendship and family, Paper Chains is a beautiful read holding a special place in my heart. 

With just one book Nicola Moriarty has got herself a fan and I have a keeper on my bookshelf. I'll be chasing up her debut novel, Free-Falling and waiting with bated breath for whatever she writes next.

Recommend: YES, YES, YES, a fabulous 5 star favourite ... hunt this one down!!


Stalk Nicola on facebook, twitter or check out her website 


19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm a bit stingy with my 5 star ratings, Paper Chains is the first for 2013 and it earned it big time :)

      Delete
  2. Wow!! This one sounds amazing!! Adding to my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and another awesome Australian author Mystica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a ringing endorsement! I'm glad you loved this one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Teddyree, this sounds GOOD. Despite her being an Ausssie writer, I've never read any of her books and... that seems a little silly. This sounds SWEET ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you read it Sarah, I can't wait to try Free-Falling

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'd be most surprised if you didn't love it Sheila!

      Delete
  7. oh, i am SO glad you loved this. i loved it so much, too. i think i may even like free-falling just a tiny bit more? i cant wait to see what you think of it

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me want to pick up Free-Falling even sooner, squee so much goodness to look forward to :)

      Delete
  8. Okay, okay!! I will hunt this one down!!!!! Love your enthusiasm...it's contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A recommendation that I will definitely take to heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting to know your reading tastes Nise and I'm pretty sure you'd love this one!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it absolutely was! Have you read Free-Falling Shelleyrae?

      Delete
  11. Just added it to my goodreads list and blamed it on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love, I'm a 'comment back' kinda girl. Don't forget to check the 'Notify me' box